Monday, March 9, 2009

Music you should hear: Kutiman - Thru You





So John sent me this link the other day of a guy named Kutiman who grabbed You Tube clips of people playing instruments or singing and chopped both the video and audio of these clips into new songs and video's. When john sent me the link the original site was already down. I thought nothing of it, then John sent me a new link this morning. After watching all 7 videos I'm truly inspired. It's pretty amazing that Kutiman was able to make such interesting songs out of all these random bits of music. Using You Tube as your source material is a pretty savvy move as well. I'm immediately reminded of DJ Shadow & EBN, creating music solely of samples. It's refreshing and well worth a listen or two.


Related Links:
Thru-You

Unofficial Mirror Site

Other Links of Interest:

Once Banned, Monty Python Flick Returns To Town

No comments: