Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Beauty of Networking & Customer Relations

An Observation:

It's becoming ever more convenient for my clients to get a hold of me through assorted communication services. Most of my customers reach me by email or by phone on either my mobile or office line, but I have a growing number of clients who are readily adopting Texting/SMS, IM, Facebook and even twitter as a way of getting a hold of me when they have questions, want to book an appointment or just say hello. Admittedly this begins to blur the lines of work & play but all relationships are connections to networks of friends and associates, might as well have fun while you're at it.

This comes to mind because while out of Town for my future-sister-in-law's wedding I was booking appointments and answering questions all weekend via SMS, IM & E-mail. I only had to answer the phone twice.

I just think it's the coolest thing knowing that I can not only conduct business but actually solve problems for my customers while on the go and away from my computer with out ever having to speak a word on the phone.

Technology is cool.

Just an observation.

-Joe

No comments: